We took a few weeks off after having the baby and when we came back, wow, the place is jumping.
Let's break it down:
- There are people I don't recognise and I wonder from where they came?
- The energy is really high. It seems expectant that God is going to do something.
- Scott Stewart is leading like a Fortune 500 CEO and working like dog.
- Stephen Lowe, who has my dream job, is doing an excellent job getting the church to run on all 8.
- The worship has been great. Seth is doing a great job. It is so nice when there is a full sound with 6 musicians.
- Chad's announcements and closing are hitting a stride that is very natural and upbeat.
- And the Preaching -
Let's talk about preaching for a minute.
My primary reason for going to church is to worship God. I do that through song and prayer and giving and the hearing of the Word.
If you are going to make the effort to get up on Sunday morning and attend church, you want the preaching to be life changing. It's not the preaching solely that changes your life, it's the application of the Word into your life.
You don't spend the time and money to go to the doctor and then not do what he says. Why then would you go to church, listen to the pastor unpack the Word, give you lessons for life and then go home without giving it another thought.
I'm telling you there is no way you could have attended Fusion Church today and walk away unchanged and a large part of that was the preaching. Pastor Tony was giving it everything (insert link to video when available here) he had to get the message across. Well it worked.
I'm not here to lift up one man. I know it is the Holy Spirit working through him, but he has to be yielded to it and do his due dilligence in preparation. I really appreciate what a gem we have in Pastor Tony. I have attended many churches and listened to countless pastors preach and very few are as good at communicating as Pastor Tony.
If the One Prayer series was indicitative of the best of the best preaching in America, then we really don't realize how blessed we are. And literally, thank God for One Prayer. Pastor Tony got a study break and look what it did for him. We should support him and make sure we give him the appropriate time off on a regular basis.
All in all, I could not wait to get home and post about this amazing experience. More importantly, I can't wait to apply all that I am learning into my everyday life. I am looking forward to the rest of the series and seeing the changes in my life as well as those around me.
Great job guys!